About Admin Tools Wiki
| |Admin Tools Wiki
(ATW) is a Wikia
wiki project used primarily for testing Administrator tools
. Though most wikis focus on article writing, ATW's primary goal is to give a safe and free environment where anyone can practise anything, without fear of harming the other wikis. Such access is especially beneficial to persons seeking Administrator privileges on another Wikia wiki, or on a Wikimedia Foundation
project, who want to acquaint themselves with the tools
beforehand. ATW is also useful for those who have been granted Administrator privileges elsewhere and want a safe place to practise without fear of harming the wiki on which they have become a newly minted Administrator (more...
If you would like to become a Testing Administrator
, go to Admin Tools Wiki:Requests for rights
and follow exactly the instructions there. You must
confirm yourself on a page on one of the wikis you disclose by saying "I am (username) on Admin Tools Wiki." It is required in order to ensure that you are who you are on another wiki, and that you are not an imposter of someone else. Wikia users, as they are the same user globally, will just have to name at what wikis they are active. Bureaucrats
will then decide to approve or decline your request. Please remember that there are still rules
that apply to Administrators and editors here about testing the tools and general editing. Also, please note that adminship is NO BIG DEAL here on Admin Tools Wiki: In practical authority, ATW adminship is little more than being an autoconfirmed
user on a Wikimedia Foundation project
The following are some testing suggestions you can do around Admin Tools Wiki. If you don't know where to start or what to do first, the following list can help you choose something interesting to do:
- Create a test page – Feel free to create any page you would like at Admin Tools Wiki. More information can be found at Help:New page.
- Test editing in the Sandbox – Feel free to test editing here. The sandbox will be cleared once in a while. Or you can just create a test page and test edit there.
- Test the admin tools in the admin sandbox – Feel free to do whatever you would like with the admin tools here, whether it's protecting, deleting, etc. Or you can create a test page and test the admin tools on the created page.
- Use the restricted pages – Administrators can do tests using restricted special pages that cannot be used by regular editors. This page is a list of them and what they do.
Helpful and useful links
- Create an account – The first step in contributing as a user. if you want to become an Administrator, you have to edit under an account.
- Welcome, newcomers! – Our welcome page for newcomers for them to get settled into the wiki and what they can do around the wiki.
- Contact us – Centralized directory for contacting the person appropriate to your issue.
- List of Bureaucrats – The local list of Bureaucrats who act as this wiki’s caretakers, maintaining the wiki and ensuring its smooth operation. They are here to help you and the community by providing a safe testing environment.
- Requests for rights – The main place to ask to become an Administrator! Just follow the procedure and Bureaucrats will review your request. If they think you won't abuse the tools, then they'll make you an Administrator.
- User help – A place to ask questions to the community for answers or if you need help with something.
- Noticeboard – A place to report problems that would need other Administrators and Bureaucrats attention.
- Frequently asked questions – A list of commonly asked questions about Admin Tools Wiki with the answers to them.
- Policies – Our list of policies that everyone should always follow and NOT abuse. Policies are here to keep the wiki running smoothly with no problems.
- Testing policy – One of our most important policies on Admin Tools Wiki. It tells you what and what not you can test on. If you follow it, you will have no problems, but if you abuse it, a revoke of your rights and maybe even a block may occur. So it is very important that you read the policy. This is so that we can keep the wiki running smoothly.
- Pages not to be tested on – A category of pages that lists what pages should NOT be tested on in any way. Very minor tests edits are allowed, but major ones are not. These pages helps Admin Tools Wiki in many ways and could affect the running of the wiki if edited as tests depending on what types if tests are done to them.
- Recent changes – A great place to see anytime, because you can see what pages other people have been editing, and where you can help and test.
- Help – A list of "help" pages where users can read and learn more information about various ideas.
- Please sign in every time you edit – This is so that we can recognise you!